About our President
About Gonzalo Garcia
- Certified Graduate Remodeler #1323 – National Association of Home Builders Remodelers Council
- Graduate Master Remodeler
- Certified Green Professional
- EPA Certified Lead Based Paint, Renovation, Repair and Painting Firm
- Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist #258 – National Association of Home Builders
- Graduate Master Builder #115 – National Association of Home Builders
- Texas A&M University Graduate – 1973, School of Engineering
- Residential Builder & Remodeler since 1978
- Houston Better Business Bureau – Gold Star Award Winner since 2002
- Greater Houston Builders Associations (GHBA) – Remodelers Council – Board of Directors since 2007 – President 2014
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) – member
- NAHB Remodelers Council – member
- Texas Association of Builders (TAB) – member
- National Association of Home Builders – National CADRE award in 2014 and National Remodeler of the Month for October 2105
- Texas Association of Builders – Presently serving Vice Chair of the Remodelers Committee
- Greater Houston Builders Association – 2014 Remodeler of The Year
My Dad was a carpenter and my Grandfather was a cabinet-maker. Dad taught me how to do the rough end of carpentry like framing, decking, setting windows, doors and roofing. My Grandfather taught me the finer points of carpentry like how to do trim outs and cabinet making. If I wasn’t helping one, I was helping the other. They were both considered as one of the best in their respected fields.
I always remember playing with my Dad’s tools as a child. When I was about five-years-old, Dad woke me up one morning and told me to go wash my face and come to breakfast. After breakfast, Dad dressed me up in a heavy jacket, it was cold outside, and said I was going to help him today at work. We drove up to a job site and Dad took some tools from his truck. He proceeded to instruct me on how to properly use a hammer and a bar to remove nails from a piece of lumber. Then, he showed me a huge stack of lumber with nails and told me to take my time. That night Dad told Mom that I had done a man’s job and that not once did I quit or complain.
The training I received from both my Dad and my Grandfather would serve me well in the future. It is this foundation of knowledge that has helped me build JRG Builders and Remodeler’s into the company that it is today.
Gonzalo S. Garcia,
President of JRG Builder & Remodeler’s
14814 Brookside Forest Dr.
Houston, TX 77040